Free Delivery Over $200 Nationwide.
Tenuta Stella - Collio DOC Ribolla Gialla 2019 Tenuta Stella - Collio DOC Ribolla Gialla 2019

Tenuta Stella - Collio DOC Ribolla Gialla 2019

Saffron spices unfold striking minerality

Single Bottle:

$50.00
In stock

Type:White

Varietal:Ribolla Gialla

Unit Size:750ml

Alcohol Volume:12.5%

Region:Veneto

Country:Italy

Tasting Notes

Tenuta Stella stands tall in the Collio, a beacon of dedication to the art of winemaking. Here, every vineyard task is hands on, from pruning to picking, letting native grapes sing of the land. Their cellar? Merely an extension of the vineyard, championing quality by selecting only the finest grapes. Indigenous yeasts and prolonged lees ageing ensure minimal sulfites and lasting quality. Ribolla Gialla 2019 -a golden yellow colour with brilliant highlights. At first, the aroma is characterised by delicate floral and fruity notes of apple and peach. Secondarily it is enriched by notable minerality and spicy notes of saffron and vanilla. On the palate important varietal and acidity notes of Ribolla stand out. It starts with a distinct feeling of freshness which combines with a light note of sourness typical of this varietal. It's certainly a strong wine with great personality like this borderland.

Technical Info

Brand:Tenuta Stella

Closure:Cork

Organic Certification:CSQA - ITBIO-DG-21/896-1

Country of Origin:Italy

Serving Temperature:10-12°C

Sugar Residual:1 g/L

Drink By:2026

Wine Ageing:The wine undergoes a 10 month ageing process, with 40% of the blend matured in 500L French oak barrels—a combination of new and second-use—and the remaining 60% aged in stainless steel

Winemaking Style:Progressive

Harvest:Hand harvested in small 15kg crates last week of September

Winemaking:Spontaneous fermentation with indigenous yeast, 100% stainless steel

Viticulture:The vineyard boasts marl and sandstone soils, employs a double arched training system, and enjoys a south-east exposure from elevations of 210 to 260 meters above sea level

Food Pairing:Red prawn tartare with chickpea purée, salted cod croquettes with aioli, frittata with prosciutto and spinach, eel sushi roll with avocado and cucumber, prosciutto wrapped asparagus with hollandaise

Reviews and Accolades

AWARDS & ACCOLADES

94

James Suckling

Deep gold hue with a bronze tinge. This is quite a chewy ribolla gialla with kumquat, jasmine, dried mango, saffron, wet stones and resin to the nose. Complex and tannic on the full-bodied palate followed by a very long and spicy finish. From organically grown grapes. Drink or hold.

Taste Profile

Light

Full Body

Dry

Sweet

Fruity

Savoury

Tannins (Bitterness)

Acidity

Tenuta Stella

The name of the winery, wanted by Sergio Stevanato, its founder, derives from his own family workshop specialized in the production of glass: "Soffieria Stella". It is precisely from this blowing shop that the success of the Stevanato family began and in memory of the activity the winery was baptized "Tenuta Stella". Sergio's journey is story of a passion. Passion for a land and its wines, for a spectacular landscape set at one of the highest points of the Collio. Every operation in the vineyard is manual, from pruning to harvesting, where native grape varietals provide the truest expression of the terroir. The cellar is a function of the vineyard, where quality is preserved and respected by selecting only the best grapes. Indigenous yeasts minimise the use of sulfites and long aging on the lees to guarantee a long shelf life.

Join The Movement

Learn about everything organic, receive pre-release special offers and invitations to exclusive events.

Start Your Journey

Enjoy personalised recommendations, content, and services based on your preferences and interests.