Free Delivery Over $200 Nationwide.
Tenuta Stella - IGT Venezia Giulia Sdencina Rosso 2019 Tenuta Stella - IGT Venezia Giulia Sdencina Rosso 2019

Tenuta Stella - IGT Venezia Giulia Sdencina Rosso 2019

A red blend echoing forest fruits, cherry, with hints of pepper and liquorice

Single Bottle:

In stock


Varietal:Red Blend

Varietal Blend:90% Schioppettino, 10% Refosco Dal Peduncolo Rosso

Unit Size:750ml

Alcohol Volume:13.5%



Tasting Notes

Tenuta Stella stands tall in the Collio, a beacon of dedication to the art of winemaking. Here, every vineyard task is hands on, from pruning to picking, letting native grapes sing of the land. Their cellar? Merely an extension of the vineyard, championing quality by selecting only the finest grapes. Indigenous yeasts and prolonged lees ageing ensure minimal sulfites and lasting quality. Dive into Sdencina 2019: a ruby spectacle, echoing forest fruits, cherry, with hints of pepper and liquorice, rounding out with fine tannins, epitomising character-filled vibrancy.

Technical Info

Brand:Tenuta Stella


Organic Certification:CSQA - ITBIO-DG-21/896-1

Country of Origin:Italy

Serving Temperature:16-18°C

Sugar Residual:0.5 g/L

Drink By:2027

Wine Ageing:The wine undergoes a 10 month ageing process, with 40% of the blend matured in 500L French oak barrels, and the remaining 60% small brand-new-not-toasted French oak barrels

Winemaking Style:Progressive

Harvest:Hand harvested in small 15kg crates first week of October

Winemaking:Spontaneous fermentation with indigenous yeast, 100% French oak barrels

Viticulture:The vineyard features marl and sandstone soils, is trained using the Guyot system, and sits at a south-west exposure at 150 meters above sea level

Food Pairing:Beef wellington, venison steak with berry reduction, beef and broccoli stir-fry, charcuterie, elk meatballs in tomato sauce, meatballs in tomato sauce, penne with lamb and mint pesto

Reviews and Accolades


2 Bicchieri - Gambero Rosso Wine Guide

Taste Profile


Full Body





Tannins (Bitterness)


Tenuta Stella

The name of the winery, wanted by Sergio Stevanato, its founder, derives from his own family workshop specialized in the production of glass: "Soffieria Stella". It is precisely from this blowing shop that the success of the Stevanato family began and in memory of the activity the winery was baptized "Tenuta Stella". Sergio's journey is story of a passion. Passion for a land and its wines, for a spectacular landscape set at one of the highest points of the Collio. Every operation in the vineyard is manual, from pruning to harvesting, where native grape varietals provide the truest expression of the terroir. The cellar is a function of the vineyard, where quality is preserved and respected by selecting only the best grapes. Indigenous yeasts minimise the use of sulfites and long aging on the lees to guarantee a long shelf life.

Join The Movement

Learn about everything organic, receive pre-release special offers and invitations to exclusive events.

Start Your Journey

Enjoy personalised recommendations, content, and services based on your preferences and interests.